Monday, November 06, 2006

 

I am alive

I know that I haven’t posted anything in so long. First of all, London was amazing and super fun. I loved the city and being there with Mom, Momo, and Kirk was just what I needed. Unfortunately, it would take me over twenty pages to write about all that we did so you are just going to have to wait for Christmas to hear all about it from me in person. I put pictures from the trip up though.

So I will start up again with this past week. Mon and Tues were blah school days-nothing exciting happened. On Wednesday, Simmons and Sophie and some other people from Bucknell came to visit. It was a lot of fun to see them again. I hadn’t seen either of them in 6 months which is a ridiculously long time to be with Simmons and Soph. Anyway, the first day I finally went into the Coliseum and the Forum. It was cool to see everything. I can’t believe that I waited this long! It was very difficult in the forum to figure out what everything was. I think that I will go back by myself and spend some more time there. We walked around and talked and it was just so great to be with people who know me. They are having a great time in France too so I was excited to hear about there host families and all that jazz. I had a class but we met up for dinner. Seriously, talking and hanging out with friends is something that I really really miss. Not that I don’t have friends here, but it is different being with people that have lived through things with you. I guess that is what I am doing with my friends here is Rome right now…Lets see, on Thursday all of the sexy ladies from France came with me and my film class to cinecitta. It is the really famous Roman film studio. It was pretty interesting to see all of it and only student groups can get in so we were pretty lucky. Dante, our tour guide, let us sneak some pictures when no one was looking. We went into the U571 submarine and onto the HBO Rome set. We also went into the area where they make and store all of the props which was pretty cool. I took a picture of the armchair from The Godfather, which is currently being utilized as a dog’s bed.

After that I had classes till 6 PM. I met them all for dinner and then out for gelato. I didn’t get any because my stomach kind of hurt but I will have to go back because I think that it is the oldest gelateria in Rome. Anyway, the next morning I met them all in line for the Vatican Museums. It was pretty early for a Friday morning and it was the first day that it got really cold here. It was really chilly. It is really unfortunate because I have been spoiled so far with the weather. The warmth is one of the best aspects of Rome. Anyway, the Vatican Museums were pretty good. They were huge and a lot of the stuff started to look the same after a bit. I finally saw the Sistine Chapel. It was okay. I mean it was nice to see and I am glad that I did, but it wasn’t as impressive as I thought that it was going to be. I thought that there were other frescoes that were more beautiful in the Raphael rooms. Next we went to St. Peter’s Basilica. It was beautiful and large, but I didn’t like it as much as Santa Maria Maggiore. I think that it was also because there were so many tourists there that it made it difficult to enjoy it. Then we went out for lunch and got gelato at my local place, Millenium Gelato. I realized that I have had over half of the flavors that they have there. I need to start going other places because I am going to run out of flavors to get there. Anyway I had:

Kinder: vanilla gelato with large chunks of German chocolate it in. I think that this is a pretty delicious flavor. I give it a 3/5

Bacio (Soft Chocolate): this was pretty good. it was a bit like soft serve and not as chocolatey as the regular flavor…2/5

Friday night all of my friends spent the night in the airport and so they had to leave at about 11PM. But Simmons and Sophie separated from the other kiddos and came over to my apartment to just hang out. We made delicious banana pancakes. They were a taste of home because you can’t get pancakes here and my Mom sent them to me with the best syrup ever. It was great. Anyway, we had a little dance party with Rachel and Elisa. IT was really fun. Then Rachel and I went back with them to there hostel to drink some wine and chill until they had to leave. Once they left, the real adventures began…Rachel and I had to take the bus back because the train was shut down for the night. So first we got on the wrong bus that just randomly stopped. We were really confused about where we were so we just got on the bus that had the most people on it. That was kind of a mistake because we ended leaving the area of Rome that we recognized and going out to a sketchy place. But finally when that bus stopped running we recognized a bus that would eventually get us back home. It was so fun after that because we were able to laugh about it but at the time I was really nervous about getting lost because it was pretty late at night. But it ended up being okay and Rachel and I were fine.

An amazing thing happened this weekend- Rachel and I were able to sleep in!! It was really great. Also, I requested another blanket from the porter and so now I have three on my bed and it is delicious and warm. This weekend I basically just did some work, slept, blah blah blah. It was so cold here this weekend- I mean, its not that bad compared to all you poor freezing people at home but it was really cold for Rome and the heat in our apartment isn’t exactly on all of the time. O-well. This week I am going to be really busy trying to get a lot of work done because I am going to be really busy pretty much ever weekend. Next weekend Rachel and I are going to Florence, then I am off to Paris to meet up with people and Ash is coming back to Rome with me and then Thanksgiving weekend it is back to London. I am so excited!! Then I think there are only 2 or 3 weekends left and I still have Venice left. Yay!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?